Hermanuv Mestes is set in the north part of the Iron Mountains (Zelezne hory) on the elevation of 275 meters above the sea level. Between years 1756 and 1761 today’s church of St. Bartolomej has been built by the master builder Frantisek Tomas Jedlicka in pure Baroque style. It is a cultural monument which is well-known outside from this region as well. Jews have established a synagogue here, chapels of St. Jiri and St. Cross are set in a suburban district, the town has got a statues of saints…As well as the chateau a large park has been set. There is a natural theatre for more than 600 onlookers. The town had been a possession of the Sporks for 133 years. Since 1828 it was a possession of the Kinskys. They influenced the town as well, by establishment of Marianska hospital, children home, and a stud farm but even by chateau and park enlargement. The matter of interest is also that Mestec become the first place of a football match in Bohemia in 1875. This sport has been brought by the count Kinsky from England. In 1932 an extensive rebuilding with stucco decor by Italian masters was finished. The town centre has been pronounced as a monumental zone in 1989, by virtue of a historical survey made in 1981.